Sunday, October 14, 2012

Best Movie Ever?

If you ask my incredibly beautiful wife to name her favorite song/movie/book/food/car/day of the week, she will likely have a list of a dozen or so of each. I love that about her. Me? I am not quite as finicky. I might have a handful.

Sitting here I am watching the end of Shawshank Redemption. Amazing movie of great complexity. This is one of the few movies I can watch any day of the week, regardless of the time, mood, or situation. There are few others like this, which inspired me to draft out my top 5, watch 'em anytime movies. In order, they are:

1. Field of Dreams - "Hey Dad! You wanna have a catch?"

2. Shawshank Redemption - "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

3. Grand Canyon - "Making a left turn in LA is one of the harder things you will learn in life"

4. Christmas Vacation - "Burn some dust. Eat my rubber."

5. Remember the Titans - "I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear music."

1 comment: